Worrying about how you're going to pay the bills and manage your financial debt can be detrimental to your health. Here at Cabot, we would like to support you throughout your customer journey.
StepChange debt charity found that money problems can be closely associated with certain forms of vulnerability, especially illness. Last year, they said that 77% of their clients with a terminal illness cited illness as the main cause of their debt problems.
We understand being ill and in debt may feel like a dark, never-ending hole, but it isn't. There are people who can and will help you - including our Customer Consultants here at Cabot Financial.
We are on hand to support you throughout your account's journey with Cabot, working alongside you to create an affordable and tailored payment plan, one that suits your situation.
Alternatively, you can manage your account online by completing the Budget Planner. This tool has been built specifically for our customers in mind, to help you put your finances in perspective before suggesting the perfect payment plan for your individual needs.
Know you are not alone
If you are having issues with your health, here are a few steps you should consider to help with the burden:
- Entitledto is a useful benefit entitlement calculator that will show you if there is any state support available to you if you are sick and unable to work. Here at Cabot, our Customer Consultants can then help you create a plan to support you and your account's customer journey.
- Check with your employer if they have a scheme to cover or boost your salary when you are taken ill, as well as checking if they are paying you statutory sick pay.
- Check with HMRC if you are eligible for an income tax refund for having to stop work or needing to cut your hours.
- You may be able to get government support for your mortgage payments or further support from your local council.
- There are also insurance products such as income protection or critical illness protection that can provide cover if you are unable to work, either permanently or for short periods.
- Some charities also provide grants for living with an illness. Charity Turn2Us provides a search tool to find funding that may apply to you.
Cabot can help you
At Cabot, we understand the negative impact debt can have, especially when other things in life aren't going to plan. Our Customer Consultants are trained specifically to support you and help you best by offering solutions that can allow you to focus on getting back on track.
If you think you aren't managing with your debt and would like to talk to someone, give us a call and we can find the best solution to help you get back on track.
If you need any additional financial support, then we recommend you also getting in touch with:
StepChange Debt Charity: 0800 138 1111
National Debtline: 0808 808 4000
Money Advice Service: 0300 500 5000
Remember that we're here to help you to financial recovery and that we'll never ask you to pay more than you can afford. Check out our customer testimonials to see the journeys that some of our customers have previously taken.
We help over 20,000 people every month, no matter what happens next, we promise to treat you fairly and support you in repaying your account. Find out more about how flexible we can be, by getting in touch today.
"I'd never heard of Cabot before I got into debt."
Emma, one of Cabot's customers, has shared her experience of reaching financial freedom after redundancy led her into debt. Discover how we helped today...
6 minute read